Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
We are looking for a Creative Director to guide our Creative Team(design/UX/photo/video), build bridges with our partners across the company, and continue the growth and evolution of our brand's look and feel. We are looking for an experienced designer, manager, and inspiring leader who can elevate the team. We are agile and our digital presence is constantly evolving. This role will play a part in making sure we have what it takes to go to market from an experience standpoint balanced with pixel perfection.
We are looking for someone who can think strategically and holistically about brand experience. If you are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering, this role is for you. You’ll dream up compelling and inspiring vision and then guide our team to translate it into our Brand.
As a Creative Director, you will bounce between design critiques on the latest label, to understanding what the member journey is for wine ratings. You will inspire the team, foster collaboration, and help grow Bright Cellars brand which includes everything from the wine label/brands to the box to the website.
How someone in this role might spend their time:
50% Leading Creative (process, people, feedback, tasking)
30% Cross Collaboration (working with product, engineers, wine production)
10% Brand (brand consistency across all channels)
10% Creative Champion (both internally and externally)
About the gig;
- Manages the Bright Cellars brand’s creative assets.
- Ensures a high level of performance for creative projects and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Represents the creative team and proactively communicates with engineering, product, and management to understand priorities, build consensus, and coordinate effectively on cross-functional items.
- Gathers, vets, and documents project requirements.
- Holds the creative team accountable for setting ambitious and achievable deadlines.
- Understands, communicates and negotiates priorities across Bright Cellars functions, ensuring that long term project goals are met while balancing iterative/short/nimble projects.
- Review and provide creative feedback to team.
- Creates process where necessary to increase efficiency.
- Leads the development of Bright Cellars’ portfolio brands.
- Responsible for the output of a cross functional team who creates the wine brand backlog.
- Along with the product team, builds energy and excitement around brand launches. Educates the BC team on the "why" behind a new brand story.
- Uses Bright Cellars data to inform creative direction for the team.
- Gathers insights from data to maintain market advantage.
- Challenges team to focus on data-centric, customer-centric design.
- Experience Driven. Data focused.
- The ideal candidate is obsessed with the customer experience, end to end.
- Ventures out and brings new ideas to the team that improve the member experience.
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design, advertising, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years experience as a designer working on highly recognized brands and websites.
- Management experience or experience leading a team required (1-3 years).
- Art Director role experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, product, and marketing.
- Strong organization skills required to manage multiple projects, from start to finish, meet priorities and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- No ego’s allowed.
- Role is located at our Milwaukee, WI headquarters.
- Get excited about a start-up culture of work hard, play hard.
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick days
- Bike rack and subsidized parking
- Covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked sandwich and salad bar with local ingredients
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Relaxed dress code
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
We’re a small team that’s highly focused and impactful. We’re eager to help you grow through involvement in exciting projects, cross-functional collaboration, and the camaraderie of a team that has fun and does great things.