Engineering – Data Platform /
Bright Cellars is now a Work from Anywhere company. This means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees, and the location of all roles is flexible.
Who We Are Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
How Bright Cellars Works Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
We're looking for a motivated Full Stack Engineer to join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Implement new features on core data products
- Design APIs while keeping speed and cost in mind
- Contribute to our data pipelines with in-depth knowledge of modern data modeling
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements
- Communicate with the design team for implementations based on product roadmap
Technical Skills We're Looking For:
- Python, Flask, unittest, flask_testing, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- AWS ECS, RDS, Redshift
- Git, Github, CircleCI, Jest
- JS, ReactJS, Redux
- HTML, CSS, SASS / SCSS, Webpack
- Data ETL experience, Apache airflow
- Experience with advanced data visualization tools (e.g. D3.js, observable, and vega)
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
Experience We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant experience working as an engineer or developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Strong working experience utilizing Python and MySQL
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, React (or a similar frontend framework)
- Experience with AWS and CI / CD processes
- Knowledge of other programming languages a plus
Who You Are:
- You’re an Innovator - You enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stacks
- You’re A Problem Solver - You have strong experience with various technologies, and know how to pick the right tool for any job.
- You’re a Team Player - You love to collaborate closely with the team to brainstorm ideas, gather requirements, and review and improve code
- You’re Driven - You have the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- You’re Curious - You are naturally curious and have an interest in learning new things.
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars:
- Competitive total compensation offerings
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to attend wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!