Outbound Sales Concierge
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars machine learning algorithm, developed by two MIT grads, evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. Similar to Pandora, the Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
This position will be supporting all outbound customer sales initiatives. This is a great opportunity if you want to gain experience selling to customers over the phone in a growing e-commerce company or would like to earn some extra cash on the side of your full-time gig. We are looking for a great sales minded individual who is not afraid of rejection and enjoys hitting (and exceeding) sales goals!
You are not expected to be cold calling individuals or generating leads, you will be provided with a list of customers who are or have been members of Bright Cellars.
The position is part-time with offered at $12/hr plus commission.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Calling existing or previous Bright Cellars members to upsell, reactivate memberships and gather member experience feedback
- Processing custom orders for members and updating credit cards over the phone
- Managing customer calling lists and hitting aggressive sales goals
- Delighting our members with your outgoing, and friendly personality
- Assisting the Wine Concierge team with incoming customer requests via email and phone during your downtime
- Learning about wine in our weekly wine tasting classes and selling it!
What We Expect You'll Bring to the Table:
- Previous outbound calling experience in an office environment, preferably selling products to customers over the phone
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining attention to detail
- A strong sales-minded mentality who won’t get discouraged by rejection
- Awesome communication and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude even when things get tough
- Reliable and accountable
- $12/hr + commission
- Fully stocked snack and wine bar
- Weekly wine tasting classes lead by our in house sommelier
- Relaxed dress code and dog friendly office
- Exposure to the startup community in Madison and Milwaukee
- Opportunity to learn about the wine industry while learning from the best e-commerce people in the business
Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position, your availability during the week and why you think you'd be a great fit!