Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. The Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
We’re a small team that’s highly focused and impactful. We’re eager to help you grow through involvement in exciting projects, cross-functional collaboration, and the camaraderie of a team that has fun and does great things.
This role plays an integral part collaborating with our Design, Product and Engineering teams to optimize our member experience by addressing end-user, brand, technology, and business requirements. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
If you are driven by a passion for great UX, and find great joy in delivering polished, systemic solutions that are pragmatically realized, and loved by users, we need you!
- Convert ambiguity and opportunity into design solutions to optimize the existing user interface.
- Define a project’s “problem space” to properly account for all things to be considered and ensure the right problem is fully understood before jumping to solutions.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with Product managers and Engineers for new features/projects.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate function.
- Designing graphic user interface elements like menus, tabs, etc.
- Test new ideas before implementing.
- User research and testing.
- Pressure test user flows and designs to identify points of weakness to solve problems early.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
- 2-4 years proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment (ecommerce experience is a plus).
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc, InVision, figma).
- Knowledge of UX best practices.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Understanding of iOS, Android, and website technological capabilities.
- A great portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables and product design thinking.
- Startup experience designing for marketplaces or ecommerce flows is a plus.
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick days
- Bike rack and subsidized parking
- Covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked sandwich and salad bar with local ingredients
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Relaxed dress code
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a highly collaborative culture and adapts in a rapidly changing environment. To succeed in this role, you should be a self-starter who is constantly challenging yourself and your colleagues to grow.
An attached portfolio or link to website is required. Submissions without work examples will not be reviewed.