Content Marketing Intern
Who we are:
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational. How Bright Cellars works: Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
Working at Bright Cellars:
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to work in an atmosphere where their efforts are directly related to the success of the business. You will benefit from an open-office concept with great colleagues and collaborative spaces.
- Formatting Glass Half Full (GHF) newsletter that goes out to our subscribers daily by choosing images, writing subject lines, and copy and pasting text. Importing contacts into newsletter from mailing list.
- Formatting blog posts by editing text, choosing images, using Google keyword planner to suggest titles and adding metadata (SEO phrases, alt image texts, tags etc.).
- Pitching new topic ideas for newsletter.
- Managing organic social media account content (brainstorming caption ideas and responding to comments) on platforms such as; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and GlassDoor.
- Monitoring blog performance with Google Analytics.
- Managing and writing emails, articles and blog posts.
- Managing blog/newsletter administrative duties like updating spreadsheets with due dates, scheduling blog posts, and reporting on analytics from partnered sends.
- Community management: filtering comments that need to be deleted, responding to comments when necessary (across social platforms).
- Current student majoring in English, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong sense of accountability.
- Strong writer or strong interest in writing required.
- Interest in online digital content writing preferred.
- Ability to take critical feedback on work product and flex to adjust.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and excitement in producing amazing content.
- Flexible hours.
- Bike rack and subsidized parking.
- Fully stocked sandwich and salad bar with local ingredients.
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier.
- Relaxed dress code.
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward.
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space.
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers.