Assistant Wine Concierge
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members start their Bright Cellars membership by taking a short quiz to determine their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars machine learning algorithm, developed by two MIT grads, evaluates these quiz answers to predict four bottles of wine that match each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four new unique bottles in the mail. They’re then able to log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. Similar to Pandora, the Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!
This is position is a perfect fit if you are looking to build your resume and explore what it's like to work at a startup in the wine industry. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has a flexible schedule and is excited to dedicate at least 40 hours a week to interacting with our wonderful members. The ability to work occasional weekends and weeknights is a must.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Delighting Bright Cellars members with top customer service via email and phone
- Supporting membership experiences and sales initiatives
- Learning about wine and how to deliver excellent customer service
- Working closely with senior leadership to develop your skills and further your career
What We Expect You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor or Associate's degree (or in pursuit of a college degree)
- Experience working with customers via phone + email in an office environment
- 110% effort and eagerness to learn at all times
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining focus to detail
- Awesome communication and problem solving skills
- Positive self-motivated attitude, even when things get tough
- You are reliable and accountable
- Covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- A fun, friendly atmosphere in our open office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Fully stocked snack and wine bar
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Bike rack and partially paid parking in a covered parking structure
- Relaxed dress code
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to learn about startups from some of the best e-commerce people in the biz!
Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position, your availability during the week and why you think you'd be a great fit!