Assistant Wine Concierge - Full-time
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars machine learning algorithm, developed by two MIT grads, evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. Similar to Pandora, the Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
This is position is offered at $12 per hour. It is perfect if you are looking to build your resume and explore what it's like to work at a startup in the wine industry. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has a flexible schedule and can dedicate 40 hours a week. The ability to work weekends and week nights is a must.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Delighting Bright Cellars members with top customer service via email and phone
- Supporting membership experience and sales initiatives
- Learning about wine and how to deliver excellent customer service
- Work closely with senior leadership
What We Expect You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors or Associate's degree (or in pursuit of a college degree)
- Experience working with customers via phone + email in an office environment
- 110% effort and eagerness to learn at all times
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining focus to detail
- Awesome communication and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude even when things get tough
- Reliable and accountable
- Covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Bike rack
- Fully stocked breakfast, snack and wine bar
- Weekly wine tastings led by our co-founder and resident sommelier
- Relaxed dress code
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to learn about startups from the best e-commerce people in the business
Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position, your availability during the week and why you think you'd be a great fit!