Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!
The Videographer at Bright Cellars will be responsible for shooting and editing high quality video content to be used across multiple channels. You’ll work with the marketing and creative team to conceptualize ideas and bring the vision to life via video.
- Project manage all video shoots ensuring they are done on time and on budget.
- Develop and manage video projects from concept, storyboarding, curate shot lists, rough cuts, and other facets of pre-production work, and feedback loop to final product. Provides project status on a regular basis to internal teams.
- Direct and lead in field production; set lighting and location, set-up and operate camera(s), audio and oversee the video shoot. Coordinate rental equipment, as needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Growth, Content Manager, and Design Team to create compelling visual content for various channels (digital, web, internal).
- Develop and track project timelines.
- Create and follow interesting storyboards and scripts.
- 3+ years of video experience
- Portfolio of paid and organic social video content ideally in a B2C capacity
- Strong attention to detail & ability to work independently
- Motion graphics experience is a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of film and lighting techniques.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
- Knowledge and ability to operate audio equipment.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies as needed.
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Bike rack and subsidized parking
- Covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fully stocked salad and sandwich bar with fresh, local ingredients
- Fully stocked coffee and wine bar
- Employee discounts on wine subscriptions
- Opportunities to attend wine education classes and tastings A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our newly redesigned office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space and rooftop patio
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers