Senior Data Scientist
Engineering – Data Platform /
Who We Are Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
How Bright CellarsWorks Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward
What You'll Do:
- Grow Data Science as a function and as a core business driver within Bright Cellars
- Establish best practices for data and statistical modeling
- Drive future state of Data Science infrastructure, tooling, and processes
- Perform exploratory analyses and build frameworks to deliver business insightsIdentify business problems and assist in creating data-enabled solutions
- Define, experiment, and build predictive models that span multiple functions within the business
- Coordinate with different function teams to implement models and monitor model performance/outcomes
- Partner with engineering and contribute to our data pipelines with in-depth knowledge of modern data modeling
Experience We're Looking For:
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- Advanced Python and SQL skills
- Experience in designing, training and deploying predictive models in production environments
- The ability to quickly iterate on analyses and machine learning models
- Strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud service, such as EC2, S3, Redshift, and other data science tools
- Experience building data pipelines with modern ELT tools, such as Stitch Data and dbt
Who You Are:
- You’re Analytical - You have strong experience with various data tools, and have an understanding of how data impacts and drives business solutions
- You’re a Team Player - You love to collaborate closely with the team to brainstorm ideas
- You’re Curious - You are naturally curious and have an interest in learning new things
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars:
- Competitive total compensation offerings
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to attend wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.