Wine Production Manager
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. The Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
This position is responsible for working directly with winemakers, data analysts, and designers to produce new wine brands. If you’ve ever wanted to see your own creation in the market, this is the job for you!
- Own the quarterly production plan.
- Manage production relationships.
- Taste and approve samples that fit the Bright Cellars taste profile.
- Work with the inventory planner to ensure that wines arrive at fulfillment centers on time.
- Stay up to date on market trends and pricing.
- Use data to determine the best wines to bring to market.
- Source new wines from around the world.
- Start something of your own by developing sparkling wine production for Bright Cellars.
- Work closely with the branding team to ensure wine brands match production.
- 5+ years work experience in wine production.
- Knowledge of production planning principles.
- Analytical experience, strong emphasis in data analysis.
- Wine making knowledge required.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Sommelier certification preferred.
- Experience or willingness for remote work.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment (ecommerce experience is a plus).
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Flexible hours.
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick days.
- Generous Paid Parental Leave.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision insurance with immediate eligibility.
- Immediate eligibility to enroll in 401K program.
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers.
This position is remote and ideally based in the Napa, CA area. Our company headquarters is in Milwaukee, WI. Travel may be required between Napa and Milwaukee as needed.