Creative – UX /
Who We Are
Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
A Little About This Role: We are looking for a result-oriented Product Designer to join our team! In this role you will work collaboratively with Product managers, engineers and stakeholders to design and optimize key features that enhance members' wine tasting experiences. You'll validate your designs through usability testing and rapid development cycles.
To be considered for this role, please submit a portfolio with multiple published/customer-facing projects.
What You'll Do:
- Lead projects from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design working sessions to help teams deliver the best possible solutions.
- Partner with product managers on product strategy and definition.
- Conduct various forms of research (qualitative and quantitative) to target user segmentation, deliver validated user-centric design solutions, and drive data-driven responses to identified areas of opportunity/pain points.
- Translate concepts into user flows, interactive prototypes, wireframes, and flow charts that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Instill and build product patterns that create a cohesive and consistent experience across our digital platform.
- Support visual design efforts to deliver polished, responsive wireframes and assets needed for engineering to execute tasks.
- Run and drive design sprints
Experience We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of professional design experience
- Ability to create usable and compelling experiences
- Understanding the challenges of eCommerce businesses.
- Experience with subscription services is a plus.
- Experience with UI animation and/or motion
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform design decisions
- Experience with user research and A/B testing
- Experience with web standards and design methodologies
- The ability to deliver iteratively while focusing on the long term objectives
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 11 holidays
- 401k & match program
- Remote work environment offering flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance - eligibility on day one of employment
- Parental leave
- PERKS marketplace monthly stipend
- Learning & development budget for every role
- Monthly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!