Frontend Web Developer
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
- Collaborate with our design team to bring mockups to life
- Translate wireframes into live code
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable frontend components
- Use responsive frameworks and grid systems to ensure usability on all devices and browsers
- Responsive web design
- Frontend frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc)
- UI/UX design and implementation
The position is located in our office in the Third Ward of downtown Milwaukee. Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled. Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position and why you think you'd be a great fit!