Software Engineer - Full Stack
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. The Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
- PHP, MySQL, MVC pattern
- HTML, CSS, SASS / SCSS, Webpack
- JS, ReactJS
- AWS EC2, RDS
- Docker, nginx, redis
- Git, Github, CircleCI, PHPUnit, CodeDeploy
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick days
- Bike rack and subsidized parking
- Covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked breakfast, snack, and wine bar
- Weekly wine tastings led by our co-founder and resident sommelier
- Relaxed dress code
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
The position is located in our office in the Third Ward of downtown Milwaukee. Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position and why you think you'd be a great fit!