Outbound Sales Wine Concierge
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
This position will be supporting all outbound customer sales initiatives. This is a great opportunity if you want to gain experience selling to customers over the phone in a growing e-commerce company. We are looking for a great sales minded individual who is not afraid of rejection and enjoys hitting (and exceeding) sales goals!
You are not expected to cold call individuals or generate leads, you will be provided with a list of customers who are or have been members of Bright Cellars.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Calling existing or previous Bright Cellars members to sell wine or cheese, reactivating memberships and gathering member experience feedback
- Processing custom orders for members and updating credit cards over the phone
- Managing customer calling lists and hitting aggressive sales goals
- Delighting our members with your outgoing and friendly personality
- Assisting the Wine Concierge team with incoming customer requests via email and phone during your downtime
- Learning about wine in our weekly wine tasting classes
What We Expect You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor or Associate's degree required
- Previous sales experience a plus, preferably selling products to customers over the phone
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining attention to detail
- A strong sales-minded mentality who won’t get discouraged by rejection
- Awesome communication and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude even when things get tough
- Reliability and accountability
- Base salary + commission
- Covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- A fun, friendly atmosphere in our open office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Fully stocked snack and wine bar
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Bike rack and partially paid parking in a covered parking structure
- Access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to learn about startups from some of the best e-commerce people in the biz!
Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position and why you think you'd be a great fit!