Manager, Analytics & Reporting - Risk Adjustment
Bright Health Intelligence – Analytics & Data Science /
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Manager, Risk Adjustment Analytics, will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Manager, Risk Adjustment Analytics will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders.
- Lead a highly skilled technical team that analyzes data to drive risk adjustment analytics for Individual & Family Plans, Medicare Advantage, and other product lines
- Oversee the development and implementation of best in class tools and capabilities to support data reconciliations to limit data leakage and drive bi-directional gap closure efforts
- Lead team efforts to meet compliance reporting requirements for federal and state level regulators on an annual cycle
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and analyze and interpret data to provide insights
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity
- Translate complex and often ambiguous external specifications into Bright relevant analytics approaches
- Collaborate with Bright’s Technology team to ensure that data infrastructure and architecture support analytic needs
- Partner with Analytics leadership and team members to create an integrated analytics program leveraging consistent methodologies and deliverable
- Develop short-term, quick-win functionality as well as longer-term, deeply analytic research capabilities
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to clinical and operational stakeholders in the domain of Risk Adjustment
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED and equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in analytics related field preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a health care or related analytics field required
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading analytics projects, developing roadmaps and mentoring analysts required
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including SQL, SAS, Power BI and/or Tableau required
- Expertise with risk adjustment analytics strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and mentor a highly skilled team
- Ability to frame an analysis from end-to-end in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Experience with health care and consumer data required
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.