VP of Technology for Infrastructure and Enterprise Business Applications
Austin, TX /
Technology – Technology /
The VP of Technology for Infrastructure and Enterprise Business Applications is responsible for the management of the End User Computing, Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise Business Applications departments. These departments are responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of all Bright Health’s internal IT applications and infrastructure except for health plan administrative systems (e.g. claims and enrollment management systems.) This role will be responsible for developing the internal enterprise IT vision and strategy in consultation with the Chief Technology Officer and coordination with business department leaders
- Management of department managers, recruiting and general supervision.
- Facilitate and coordinate complex parallel activities across subsidiaries, departments, and the enterprise for major projects
- Manage and direct the operations of the departments ensure they are efficient, customer-focused, within budget, and are supporting the strategic goals of the organization and the needs of the business department leaders
- Develop, coach, and lead a technically competent, proactive, customer-service oriented team. Teach, advocate, and mentor leaders on how to apply standards, tools, and methodologies while delivering high-quality business-focused customer service, continuous improvement, and best practices.
- Guide the organization by developing and leading the business analysis discipline for internal software implementation, configuration, and development
- Manages vendor relationships and addresses vendor shortcomings when they arise
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee program development and the execution of all enterprise applications development activities, including project definition, application design and analysis, programming, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Establish a department vision and build consensus with technology and business department leaders.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure systems.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Azure cloud Infrastructure in support of the software engineering, data management, analytic and other functions of the Technology organization.
- Manage capacity planning and capability to remain in line with stakeholder expectations to support short and longer-term growth requirements.
- Manage the prioritization process for the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information technology projects within the scope of the departments under management.
- Design, plan and execute the strategy for integration of the IT systems and teams of acquired companies
- Reviews and evaluates technical Contracts, Statements of Work and Service Level Agreements for suitability to meet internal technical, performance and financial needs.
- Compiles internal technical requirements and otherwise participates directly in the creation of Requests for Proposal for external IT vendors.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Create, review, and maintain all IT Policy documentation, including and not limited to the company disaster recovery strategy.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years required of senior and executive leadership experience
- 15+ years required of IT experience and must have managed enterprise business application teams
- Knowledge and practical experience across a formal systems development life cycle.
- Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITIL framework.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Platform
- ERP or Financial Systems implementation experience
- Experience managing vendors including off-premise developers, application specialist, and system administrators
- Experience in deployment, integration, and on-going management of Enterprise Applications.
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external relationships with contracting firms and application developers.
- BS in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.