Program Manager - Market Implementation
Minneapolis, MN /
Bright Health Care – Market Management & Success /
Our Market Success team is responsible for the successful implementation, launch, and ongoing management of Bright Health’s local markets. As the Market Implementation Program Manager, you are responsible for developing and executing a scaled process for the launch of new Bright Health markets. You will lead multiple, concurrent implementations in collaboration with Bright Health’s care partners, internal centers of excellence, and local market leadership.
- Lead day-to-day cross-functional activities and steward matrixed accountabilities for multiple, concurrent market implementations with Bright Health’s care partners, centers of excellence, and in market leadership
- Independently prepare, lead, and facilitate CP executive discussions and meetings during implementation, including workstreams and Joint Implementation Committees
- Create and manage complex project plans for multiple concurrent care partner and advanced primary care implementations in a market or pod
- Collaborate across Bright Health with other departments to ensure implementation-related requirements are successfully defined and delivered to support active implementations
- Lead the change order process to identify changes to scope that may impact delivery/ go-live timeframes
- Capture strategy for local market implementation and expansion of new markets and convey to internal teams
- Develop, optimize, and use implementation governance and tools, including but not limited to project charters, project plans, issues and action logs, status reporting, risk mitigation, and relationship maps
- Develop and leverage tools and processes required to support successful implementation and tracking of new markets, including but not limited to: Project management tracking tools, CRM, Wikis, etc
- Coordinate implementation efforts for Bright Health, including clinical, technology, analytics, value-based models, provider engagement/relations, and health plan operations. Scope of support includes developing implementation / rollout plans, developing communication and Care Partner playbooks to support rollouts, and project managing specific launch efforts
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six (6) or more years of experience in project management is required; preferably within a healthcare payer or provider
- Five (5) or more years of experience with process improvement and health plan implementation is required
- Expert knowledge of MS Office products and advanced knowledge of MS Project (or novel analogue) is required
- Previous health care experience, preferably in one of more of the following areas: provider systems, health plans, population health, and/or ACOs/ CINs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Six Sigma training or PMP project management certification
- Ability to understand and identify delivery risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Proven track record of customer service skills
- Experience leading teams and working in cross-functional environments
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.