Analytics Consultant - Operations
Operations – Health Plan Operations /
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bright Health’s Operations Team is working to deliver health plan administrative functions that are efficient, accurate, and provide capabilities that support member management and create market opportunities. As an Analytics Consultant for Operations, you will develop the infrastructure and tools necessary to deliver data and insights for the Operations organization and through partnership with all areas of the business, contributing to a culture of data-driven decision making. You will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate those answers to stakeholders. You apply a level of analytic rigor that appropriately matches the business need, and you do not compromise on strong data management practices.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver reporting and analytics to meet those needs.
- Develop dashboards and reporting to (1) provide insights to business stakeholders and (2) maintain data, reporting, and analytics to support operational oversight.
- Translate technical data insights into business-ready concepts for business stakeholders across the operational data continuum, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Collaborate with Bright’s Technology team to ensure that data infrastructure and architecture support operational reporting and analytic needs.
- Develop short-term, quick-win outputs as well as longer-term data and reporting capabilities.
- Interpret data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities to drive business action.
- Develop and participate in a team-based support structure to ensure availability and continuity of operational reporting and analytic needs
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years of report development, business intelligence, or analytics experience
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including PowerBI, Tableau, and SAS
- Understanding of data architecture and impacts to business intelligence
- BA degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Ability to frame an analysis from end-to-end in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Expertise in reporting, analytics, data visualization, or programming Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Employs strong data validation practices
- Well-versed in reporting and requirements gathering processes
- Experience with health care and consumer data highly desirable
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for operational excellence
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.