Cybersecurity Intern - Summer 2020
Technology – Information Security
Bright Health is seeking a Cybersecurity Intern to join our Information Security Team. As part of the team, you’ll deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, gaining experience across a variety of functions within the cybersecurity landscape including building, maintaining and supporting public cloud security and engineering initiatives.
Bright Health’s 12-week, summer internship program offers university students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a mission-driven growth company and leading health care organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor.
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE
- Assist in monitoring internal and external networks, systems, and applications for security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches)
- Respond to cyber incidents, performing routine analysis using security tools
- Assist in using the discoveries from the incident response process to make basic improvements to the existing detection capabilities
- Document basic findings to security alerts
- Collaborate with the Information Security Team to resolve security issues and navigate obstacles
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Junior or Senior year of Undergraduate Degree Program
- Major in Cyber Security, Identity Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Located in Austin, TX during Summer 2020
SUCCESSFUL INTERN ATTRIBUTES
- Related experience in Information Security, Cyber Security, and/or Information Technology
- Foundational knowledge of Malware Detection
- Foundational knowledge of Red or Team Blue Team exercises
- Foundational knowledge of Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure
- Motivated by Bright Health's mission of making healthcare right, together.
- Energetic, self–driven, passionate, flexible and ambitious
Our internship program will last 12 weeks from May 18th, 2020 through August 7th, 2020. This is a paid internship designed to be 40 hours per week, onsite in our Austin office.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.