Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Austin, TX /
Technology & Product – Data Platform /
“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementation and delivery of backend services and data platform frameworks. They will leverage PaaS and IaaS cloud offerings to build services that support data management, infrastructure, AI services, and industry interoperability. They should contribute to projects and development efforts using agile methodologies
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include C#, T-SQL and PowerShell.
- Apply Cloud and Object Oriented design and resiliency patterns.
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores.
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance.
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO or functional programming language, including C#, Scala, Java, Python, PowerShell
- Experience deploying and running cloud-native, elastic application and data solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience using query languages like SQL for relational and / or nonrelational data stores.
- Understanding of performance and scaling, as applied to backend/data stores
- Software testing fundamentals including automated unit and integration testing (we're big on TDD).
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Experience with API design.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices
- Hands on Azure admin and devops experience
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark.
- Scala and C#
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.