Minneapolis, MN /
Corporate Services – Actuarial /
The Actuarial Analyst provides technical support within the Actuarial team on experience reporting, project work and modeling, filing and Bids. They provide additional cross-functional support role to Enterprise Analytics, IFP Line of Business leadership, Finance, Marketing and other areas of the company that may need data summarization, modeling framework or research help.
- Support the Actuarial team on all project work related to complex trends while also interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Support Actuarial team during IFP and Sm Grp rate filing development, interfacing with internal Bright team and external consulting actuaries
- Support Finance team in the development of forecasting models, projections and relevant information to inform C-Level business decisions
- Support the team through modeling, market analysis and experience to determine company growth initiatives; support the team by conducting research and data analysis, and with informed profitable cohorts and renewal targets
- Pull and populate the monthly reserve triangles for all medical products and work alongside the Line of Business Actuary to set final reserves
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis using SQL, SAS, Excel, and Tableau
- Work with consulting actuaries on product pricing and various other analysis
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Six (6) months to two (2) years of actuarial experience and currently pursuing the ASA designation is preferred.
- Experience working with health care data and/or modeling work on commercial ACA products is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with SQL and/or SAS
- Working knowledge of healthcare pricing process for commercial products
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
Associate of the Society of Actuaries is preferred, but not required
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.