Appeals and Grievances Analyst
Minneapolis, MN /
Operations – Health Plan Operations /
SCOPE OF ROLE
This position will ensure that Bright Health responds to complaints, grievances, and appeals in a timely, professional, and customer-focused manner, and completed according to state and federal regulatory standards. This position will be responsible for resolution of assigned cases, accurate and timely documentation of case actions, and assist in the oversight of delegates responsible for appeals and grievances functions.
- Reviews, researches and directs complaints, grievances and appeal cases to appropriate personnel, and follows up to ensure that resolution has occurred, documentation is complete, required time frames are met, and proper written communication of the decision has occurred. In most cases, prepares the written communication of the decision in plain written language. Coordinates additional follow up activities with appropriate department managers and/or leads and tracks to conclusion.
- Maintains grievance and appeal case files and include necessary information to log incoming correspondences, tracking dispositions, and maintaining timeliness of resolution as required by state and federal mandates.
- Ensures that all information to members, providers, other parties-to-a-complaint, and other appropriate persons is accurate, consistent, and customer sensitive.
- Participates in internal committee and interdisciplinary meetings, reporting recent activity and analysis of trends, and makes recommendations for problem resolution and performance improvement
- Monitor all incoming appeal and grievance channels including mail, fax and phone
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Training, and Professional Experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in health plan operations setting required, preferably in Appeals & Grievances or Health Care Customer Service
- Detail oriented
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and have a passion for exemplary customer service and resolving conflicts
- Self-directed, able to prioritize and takes ownership in projects, cases, and work groups
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.