Cloud Operations Engineer
Technology – Engineering
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
Our Engineering team is working to build our core products. As a Cloud Operations Engineer at Bright, you will work in a highly collaborative environment where your input will be valued and required to overcome technical challenges. As with every member of the team, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality by:
- Developing and deploying NodeJS and React Docker-based micro services using AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment of micro-services
- Developing platforms to ingest and move data throughout the company
- Working with raw and transformed data to build out a big data capability
- Developing services and solutions by understanding the problem to be solved, collaborating on the solution, and implementing efficient, scalable automated solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of related experience in supporting software development in an agile environment.
- Supporting infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
- Building Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment services for software delivery.
- Version Control Systems like Git or Mercurial.
- Supporting NodeJS and REACT applications.
- Supporting micro-services architectures.
- Container scheduling systems like Kubernetes or ECS.
- Jira or similar trouble-ticket software.
- Confluence or similar for documentation.
- A self-starter that is able to quickly learn new technologies.
- You have strong experience in leveraging diverse AWS tools to create solutions.
- You are familiar with containerized application design, deployment, and management using ECS or Kubernetes.
- You practice the DevOps fundamentals in your professional life.
- You are pragmatic in your approach to tool selection and enjoy problem solving.
- You've previously worked alongside security professionals to assist in industry compliance audits or security audits.
- You have experience writing software with Python, Golang, or NodeJS and are at home writing Bash scripts.
- You believe in cattle not pets and infrastructure as code.
- You are able to collaborate and find solutions when presented diverse opinions and viewpoints. You are happy to support anyone one in the business through automation and problem solving and treat internal business stakeholders as valued customers.
- You are up to the challenge of taking ownership in a greenfield environment. You want to work in a blameless, ego-less, collaborative environment.
- You want to personally grown and improve and help your team do the same through continuous improvement.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.