Full-Stack Software Engineer
Technology – Engineering
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
As a member of our technology team, you will be working on the design and implementation of systems related to the health insurance industry. You will be working on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure...truly full stack! By collaborating with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality. Additionally, you will:
• Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions of our digital properties.
• Create responsive websites using React and related technologies
• Integrate 3rd party APIs into our system
• Work with designers to maintain our UI kit
- NodeJS is primary backend language, with experience writing other micro services using Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience with React.js, Redux, webpack, Bootstrap and Jest/Mocha
- Understanding and experience with database systems and data modeling (SQL and NoSQL)
- Understanding and experience with AWS services including EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda
- Experience with test-driven development and behavior-driven development
- Experience with any kind of CMS driven website development
- Experience with React Native
Not required but nice to have:
- Creative thinker and passionate about innovating in a space that is ripe for disruption
- Team player and an adept problem solver
- Not afraid to ask questions or take risks
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.