Manager, UX Design
Growth – Marketing
The UX Design Manager focuses on designing simple, meaningful, and creative solutions to a wide range of UX challenges. They are comfortable across the design spectrum from visual and interaction design to user testing and research. This role requires a passionate, yet pragmatic design leader who can lead a team to analyze customer needs and behaviors, identify problem solving opportunities, and successfully transform requirements into intuitive and elegant user experiences. They incorporate both quantitative and qualitative analysis to develop strategic content recommendations and drive the overall digital user experience. Experience working with product managers, engineers, and marketers make the UX Design Manager a key player in improving the digital experience for customers.
- Execute user experience, interaction and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Recruit, hire and train new team members.
- Monitor and guide team efforts, providing coaching and development to team members.
- Collaborate directly with product managers and engineers to define and implement solutions for the experience of our digital properties.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Lead usability and conversion optimization through standard methods and tools (e.g., analytics, testing, surveys, focus groups).
- Produce wireframes, user flows, mockups, visual design comps, and interactive prototypes of your UX ideas.
- Iterate designs, adjusting to technical requirements, and incorporate usability improvements into design.
- Lead site IA and recommend content creation opportunities.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and team leaders.
- Evaluate stakeholder, team, and user feedback, and implement findings through continuous iteration.
- Plan and execute website and digital product design stages from concept to hand-off, followed by continuous improvement cycles.
- Partner with various teams to analyze findings, distill insights into actionable opportunities, and help prioritize product roadmaps.
- Drive adoption of and evolve our design system, best practices, and standards in coordination with marketing and brand initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/arts, communications design, new media, web design, user experience design, or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Five (5) or more years User Experience design.
- Three (3) or more years of management experience.
- Fluency in Adobe CC software, Sketch, and other related design tools.
- Understanding of modern front-end code HTML/CSS/JS is a must, ability to code is a bonus but not required.
- Working knowledge of common user testing software: Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Hotjar, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and competency with user-centered design methodologies, enterprise software, and working with complex experiences.
- Ability to present your designs and back up your solutions in a positive manner and expertly handle critique.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, taking input from multi-disciplinary teams.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.