Head of Marketing
Marketing – Marketing /
Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to help us define an entirely new category of software and build a marketing engine to fuel our continued growth. We have a big vision and mission, and we need a talented, diverse team to make them a reality. You’ll be working directly with the CEO and CRO (co-founders) and play a critical role in our success.
What you’ll take ownership over:
* Crafting and communicating BrightHire's vision to the market, and create messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation
* Designing and implementing our multi-channel marketing strategy to drive significant sales pipeline growth and build high brand awareness in our target market
* Experimenting to identify high leverage ways for us to quickly establish our unique, category-creating position in the market and the transformational impact we deliver
* Creating and executing omni-channel ABM campaigns to engage, nurture and convert target accounts, driving targeted sales pipeline and revenue growth
* Overseeing thoughtful content strategies to establish thought leadership in our target market, including SEO to improve organic discovery of BrightHire through our content engine
* Establishing marketing and strategic partnerships with other software companies, affinity groups, communities, etc. that will help us reach our target audiences
* Implementing a marketing tech stack that supports our ability to build a repeatable, scalable engine for generating sales pipeline
* Ultimately building a small team of full-time employees, contractors and agency partners that enable us to move quickly
We’re looking for someone who has:
* A track record of marketing leadership within a B2B technology / SaaS environment, ideally with a combination of experiences in startups and more established companies
* At least 5 years of experience in product marketing or integrated marketing roles
* Demonstrated track record of building effective messaging architectures, and telling impactful stories in the market that create awareness and differentiation
* Developed, implemented and refined a multi-channel marketing strategy to identify successful channels and double down on what works to drive sales pipeline and revenue
* Hands-on experience across a range of channels: search, display, paid content, email, social, events, PR, partnerships, etc.
* Built an effective lead lifecycle, including implementing and managing marketing tech solutions for lead capture and outbound comms
* Established deep understanding of a target market and overseen the creation of resonant go-to-market messages and ad creative that break through the noise
* Created a robust testing and reporting framework to optimize marketing investments
* Successfully hired and managed external agencies and freelancers to complete large projects and initiatives
You might describe yourself as:
* Very revenue-oriented
* Comfortable with ambiguity, highly self-motivated
* No ego, willing to roll-up sleeves and be an individual contributor
* Quantitative and hypothesis-driven
* Able to balance tactical and strategic
* An excellent communicator, particularly written
* Passionate about hiring and the impact we can make
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of recruiting, talent acquisition and human capital
* Past experience working within an early-stage startup environment
* Track record building and managing a high-performing team
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.