Product Design Lead
Product – Product /
Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
As Product Design Lead at BrightHire, you’ll apply a passion for interaction and product design to creating a best-in-class experience to help fix one of society’s most important challenges. Hiring is a gateway to economic prosperity, and today the process is very broken. It’s ineffective, inefficient, inhuman, and extremely subjective and prone to bias.
We have bold plans, and design will play a critical role in our success. You will help create an entirely new category of software that will touch millions of interviewers and job seekers, and be responsible for ensuring that the experience is impactful, delightful and creates positive change. You’ll be working directly with the CEO, product, and engineering teams to collaboratively define and build the future of how companies build talented and diverse teams, and job seekers get the hiring experience they deserve.
What you’ll do:
• Work closely with a tight-knit team spanning product and engineering to deliver remarkably delightful software experiences, owning all aspects of design execution from ideation, to prototyping, to testing, to final production
• Day-to-day work includes conducting user research, producing wireframes and user flows, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, validating concepts with end-users, and ultimately delivering high-fidelity designs
• Work with pragmatism and efficiency to help us ship great new features or valuable improvements with startup velocity, while simultaneously paying attention to our overall product experience and design to ensure delight and consistency
• Deeply know and love our users, understand their goals and pain points, listen to their feedback, and translate that insight into ways to make them successful
• Build out BrightHire’s design processes and systems, and create the foundation for a design-forward company that puts end user experience at the center
• Have the opportunity to build and lead a design team as we grow
• Minimum of 6-8 years of product design experience in tech/startups or a digital agency
• Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design: UX/UI and visual design
• Track record of owning a design process end-to-end from research to production
• Experience collaborating closely with developers and PMs
• Experience designing SaaS products and/or digital applications
• Strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
• Ability to design and build high fidelity prototypes for testing
• Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity and continuous feedback
• Self-driven, organized and accountable
• Passionate the impact of your work
• Have an online or PDF portfolio to share your end-to-end past work
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.