Director of Product
Product – Product /
Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
As our Director of Product, you’ll apply your creativity, pragmatism, and user / customer focus to build delightful software that creates transformational value and addresses one of society’s most important challenges. We’re a highly collaborative team, you’ll report directly to the CEO and work closely with everyone at the company. In our fast-paced high-growth environment, this role will require both excellence, hands-on individual contribution and strong leadership.
In this role you’ll:
- Collect and synthesize customer, user and business needs to help craft the product roadmap in partnership with the CEO, adeptly framing product prioritization decisions
- Lead the day-to-day product process, helping maintain focus and high velocity, organization, and most importantly creating delightful and impactful end products
- Hands-on work on product features, user research, scoping solutions, writing requirements, working on designs, partnering with engineers, conducting UAT, etc.
- Build out the foundations for a world-class product organization, instilling great practices and building out the team over time
- 6+ years in a product management role, with 3+ in B2B / software
- Track record of taking products from inception to successful launch, including managing the product vision, day-to-day prioritization, design, and go to market strategy
- Ability to lead and influence teams of engineers and designers towards a common goal
- Experience owning a roadmap, setting priorities and making trade-offs
- Understanding of UX principles and track record of shipping well-designed products
- Customer and user-centricity, deep experience conducting user & customer research
- Technical fluency, understanding of databases, web applications, etc.
- A passion for solving important problems and building great teams
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.