DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Who is BrightLink?
BrightLink is a consultative, industry thought-leader offering services and technology for the professional credentialing industry. At our core, we are passionate about helping people better their lives through demonstration of skills. We build technology that delivers cognitive assessments and manages professional credentialing programs.
Who are we looking for?
BrightLink is looking for a team member to support, improve, and maintain the underlying infrastructure of our products which create remarkable experiences for our clients. The ideal team member is skilled in building, managing, and improving cloud infrastructure and architecture, and is comfortable working in an Agile/Lean development environment. The team member should have the ability and passion to learn new technologies.
In addition to technical skills, we also look for candidates who embrace our company core values. These Core Values reflect who we are, and provide both company-wide and individual guidance:
- Be remarkable
- Practice humble service
- Nurture enduring partnerships
- Always drive to deliver
- Seek pragmatic perfection
- Create positive personal growth
- Engage in camaraderie
- 5+ years experience in professional DevOps engineering
- 3+ years experience building and/or maintaining enterprise systems within the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with using, building and improving CI/CD systems
- Extensive experience in the use of scripting languages (preferably Python)
- Extensive experience in relational database management and SQL
- Strong skills in operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting UNIX systems
- A passion for trying to automate yourself out of a job
- A strong desire to learn and improve the quality of your craftsmanship
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- AWS certification will be considered a strong plus
- Experience with the following technologies will be considered a plus: PostgreSQL, RDS, ECS, CloudWatch/CloudFront
- Manage our cloud infrastructure and perform system administration for our series of large-scale, enterprise web applications
- Ensure that our systems are able to maintain high degrees of uptime, and build redundancy measures to minimize the impact of inevitable hardware issues
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our systems, database architecture, and general application functionality by working closely with our product teams
- Use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability
- Validate and ensure that our systems utilize up-to-date security techniques and tools, and maintain PCI compliance
- Design and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of our production and non-production systems
- Design and implement improvements to our infrastructure and deployment processes
- Work together with other engineers to increase our levels of automation, utilizing new tooling/scripting as appropriate
- Build tooling as necessary to help other team members interact with our systems in helpful/intuitive ways
- Develop and maintain plans to ensure successful recovery of our systems in the event of a disaster
- Collaborate with other engineers on matters of architecture and solution design
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health Reimbursement Plan
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Flexible Schedules
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment
Small business is the backbone of our economy. A well-run small business is the backbone of employee morale and meaningful work, creating a sense of family and teamwork that is often uncommon in large businesses. This keeps the heartbeat of the BrightLink team pumping the oxygen of a culture that genuinely cares, a purpose that changes family trees, and a focus that casts BrightLink as an industry thought-leader. We nurture all of this by remaining cash-flow positive and emphasizing a disciplined practice of being lean. As all these things converge, BrightLink continues to develop an environment allowing your gifts, skills, and talents to make room for you as you stretch your wings of professional and personal growth perhaps more than anywhere else you might work.