Business Development Manager
Who is BrightLink?
BrightLink is a consultative, industry thought-leader offering services and technology for the professional credentialing industry. At our core, we are passionate about helping people better their lives through demonstration of skills. We build technology that delivers cognitive assessments and manages professional credentialing programs.
Who are we looking for?
BrightLink is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to identify and develop prospect clients, build and maintain positive industry relationships, propose and track new business deals and help the team achieve revenue goals.
The ideal candidate has the ability to quickly source, build trust, and establish rapport with prospective clients through the use of strategic sales strategies. They are also capable of maintaining positive working relationships with current clients in order to enhance client retention and make new sales through referrals and references.
In addition, we look for candidates who embrace our company core values. These Core Values reflect who we are, and provide both company-wide and individual guidance:
· Be remarkable
· Practice humble service
· Nurture enduring partnerships
· Always drive to deliver
· Seek pragmatic perfection
· Create positive personal growth
· Engage in camaraderie
- 5-15 years of proven experience as a Business Development Manager
- Strong communication skills
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Keen interpersonal and customer relations skills
- BS/BA diploma in business or relevant field
- Not required, but a plus: In-depth knowledge of the credentialing industry and understanding of market needs
- Identify and grow referral sources to develop referral relationships
- Identify prospect clients and the decision makers within the client organization
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting prospective clients
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
- Move deals into the negotiation process by nurturing leads, documenting needs, coordinating solutions with other team members, and documenting proposals
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Keep up-to-date with market needs and by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, researching, etc.
- Achieve revenue goals by setting objectives, planning approaches and pitches, and closing on business deals
- Prepare for, schedule, and represent BrightLink at various sales initiatives such as conferences
- Develop and manage content for various sales materials
- Keep meticulous customer relationship management records of contact, tasks, and opportunities
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health Reimbursement Plan
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Flexible Schedules
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment
Small business is the backbone of our economy. A well-run small business is the backbone of employee morale and meaningful work, creating a sense of family and teamwork that is often uncommon in large businesses. This keeps the heartbeat of the BrightLink team pumping the oxygen of a culture that genuinely cares, a purpose that changes family trees, and a focus that casts BrightLink as an industry thought-leader. We nurture all of this by remaining cash-flow positive and emphasizing a disciplined practice of being lean. As all these things converge, BrightLink continues to develop an environment allowing your gifts, skills, and talents to make room for you as you stretch your wings of professional and personal growth perhaps more than anywhere else you might work.