Software Engineer, Automation
San Francisco, California /
Software Engineering /
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
As a Software Automation Engineer in the Robot Perception group at Bright Machines, you will help us validate, benchmark, and test are various software solutions both on our physical machines and in our cloud CI/CD environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create CI/CD pipelines for our computer vision and ML applications
- Continued support and maintenance of deployed products
- Write software for unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Fix bugs and improve the performance and stability of our software applications
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Contributing to and championing engineering best practices and Agile methodologies
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years of job experience as Software Engineer or equivalent role
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Practical understanding around development of test requirements
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Deep understanding of security considerations when writing and deploying software
- Experience with PLC programming like Beckhoff and Siemens
- Experience managing software both on-prem and on-cloud
- Background of working directly with customers of your software
- Familiarity working across the tech stack including code deployment
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS)
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.