Technical Product Manager
San Francisco, California
Product Management /
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you are a strong and experienced Technical Product Manager (TPM) with deep expertise and knowledge of manufacturing and automation, we’d love to talk with you about joining Bright Machines. As a Bright TPM you will be responsible for shaping Bright Machines’ current roadmap and next generation products for intelligent manufacturing.
You will need to be the product leader for specific technical domain areas and work with hardware engineers, software engineers and machine learning Scientists to define and deliver differentiated solutions to solve a broad class of problems in industrial robotics. Our TPMs also work closely with customers in partnership with our Sales, Marketing and Field Services teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead full-life cycle of the product:
- Build and own the product roadmap for defined domain areas.
- Own and report on Competitive analysis
- Gather and prioritize product requirements working with industry and customers.
- Write MRD/PRD requirements documents.
- Own the cross functional roadmap delivery schedule across R&D, Marketing, Delivery and Field Services.
- Support sales and marketing to launch the product throughout its release stages
- Define the product strategy and translate it into a workable and prioritized backlog for the R&D team
- Define complex multidisciplinary products including robotics, computer vision, controllers and manipulators with focus on our manufacturing automation platform
- Interface with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of quality products on time and according to specifications
- Evaluate new applications, use cases, proof-of-concepts and prioritize product roadmap with a data driven approach
- Develop early and ongoing alignment between Hardware engineering, Software Development, Product management, AI/ML and UX teams.
- Ensure successful adoption of functionality at customer deployments
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to the sales and field operations teams
- Travel up to 30% of the time is required
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Proven experience in a technical product management role of multidisciplinary systems (capital equipment experience is a strong advantage)
- Proven experience in manufacturing systems with good understanding of the market and the eco-system of solutions. Experience in mechanical assembly process and automation
- Working in a matrix environment: collaboration with R&D functions
- Strong technical and people leadership skills
- System view, customer centric
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Engineering degree
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience in Industrial Robotics
- Experience working with current automation platforms such as Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and associated development environments.
- Understanding of factory KPIs and practical experience driving their improvement
- Understanding of manufacturing logistics
- Understanding of MES and ERP systems supporting the existing manufacturing market
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.