Machine Vision Engineer
Yakum, Israel /
Field Operations /
At Bright Machines our mission is to help companies manufacture more products, at a higher-quality and lower cost; by connecting individual machines to an intelligent software layer, we hope to usher in the next wave of industrial automation.
Let's disrupt an industry. It will be fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a smart, self-driven individual with a passion to develop and improve knowledge for vision systems, both hardware and with algorithms of image enhancement and pattern recognition. The position includes analysis of needs, development of capabilities, tools, and deployment of the solutions to the field. This includes support throughout the product life cycle. The position also requires contact with suppliers and field operation teams, as well as training, and deployment support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Define and perform tests and procedures in optical and machine vision lab
- Analyze needs and alternative solution selection
- Support machine vision application on customer sites
- Manipulation and adjustment of image processing algorithm solutions to specific applications
- Develop in house algorithms for machine vision
- Work closely with other development departments, both in Israel and globally
- Work with vendors and outside suppliers
- Travel up to 20-30% of the time will be required
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- A least 3 years of experience with multi-disciplinary machines, and machine vision
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Engineering degree in Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or any related field.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or open CV
- Knowledge of optics and image processing algorithms
- Working in a matrix environment: collaboration with different R&D functions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong technical skills, Execution capabilities, System view, Collaborative, Process-oriented
- English at high level - both written and oral
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
We’re disruptors, innovators and dreamers who aren’t afraid to challenge what’s possible.
At Bright Machines we bring intelligence to the factory, enabling manufacturers to effortlessly and autonomously build physical products. Our intelligent, Software-Defined Manufacturing brings automation, greater clarity, flexibility and speed to the manufacturing process. Our global teams combine the best in robotics and software with machine learning and computer vision to deliver solutions that will transform an industry. Come join us!
We've been recognized as a BloombergNEF 2020 Pioneer for shining a light on how factories can decrease their carbon footprint with today’s advanced automation technology. #BNEFPioneers
Bright Machines included in CB Insights list of 50 future unicorns (companies that they think will eventually be valued at $1B or more).