R&D Engineer, Vision & ML
San Francisco, California /
Software Engineering /
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
The robot perception team develops cutting edge solutions for robotics industrial applications using machine learning and computer vision technologies for developing application for software-defined manufacturing.
As a Software Engineer, Vision & ML in the Robot Perception team at Bright Machines, you will play an important role in implementing novel algorithms for advanced perception, designing hardware components, integrate, validate and test our solution on real world scenarios in collaboration with a team of researchers, engineers and domain experts.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop, implement, and validate computer vision and ML algorithms in simulated and real industrial robot system
- Collaborate on identifying problems, explore solutions and communicate ideas & feasible proposals to internal & external audience
- Deploy and test software on real industrial robot system
- File patents on developed technologies
- Publish research results at top-tier conferences and journals in robotics as well as machine learning
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, mechanical engineering, robotics, or a related field
- 5-7 years industry building software using computer vision / machine learning, ideally for robotic application
- Excellent programming and software development skills, with experience in Python, C++, and git
- Experience developing deep-learning systems for robotic perception including object pose estimation, synthetic data generation, camera calibration and related topics
- Experience developing with OpenCV, PyTorch/Tensorflow
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience with state-of-the-art 2D and 3D sensing devices including development of hardware drivers
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.