Software Application Engineer/ Robotics Programming
Guadalajara Area, Mexico
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a top-notch Senior Software Application Engineer specializing in robotics programming to be a part of our automation team and work with world class customers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- 3D Simulation hardware integration
- Software architecture & design, 3D Simulation.
- Robot commissioning, TCP/Base measurement, Safety concept implementation, long run test & de-bugging, Cycle Time Optimization
- Collaboration with company IT (interfaces, security, company standards)
- Automatic Data gathering, statistics, analytics and representation through reports and dashboards
- Create and maintain related controlled documentation (logics & functional schematics, state machines, business scenarios, sequencing & timing diagrams, process flows, acceptance test procedures, technical/operational/maintenance manuals)
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Software Engineering or similar + Electronic + Mechatronic Engineering,
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in: Offline and online Projects development
- Robot programming experience such as Fanuc
- Serial & Bus Communication protocols: EtherCAT and TCP/IP., Modbus, CAN Open, Profinet, Profibus,
- Technical Savvy, system oriented, great aptitude to machines, processes and controls.
- Passionate and creative, hands-on, love to code
- Loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Well organized, pays attention to details, methodical
- Capable of analyzing, de-bugging and solving complex problems
- Great communicator
- Knowledge on all robot safety concepts
- C#, Pyhton, C++ or HTML programming development
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-disciplinary systems, multi software platforms and industrial automation as well as industrial equipment controls, mandatory: Experience with PLC Programing and Architecture, Ignition SCADA systems implementation, preferent Beckhoff, Siemens and Allen Bradley
- Deep experience with E-Plan and P-Plan
- Nachi (FD on Desk, Virtual Safety Fence configuration). Kuka (WorkVisual), ABB (Robot Studio) would be nice to have
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.