Software Engineer, Applications
San Francisco, California /
Software Engineering /
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
As a Full Stack Engineer in the Robot Perception group at Bright Machines, you will be one of the key hands-on contributors on the R&D team developing cutting edge algorithms & powerful yet easy-to-use software features along with a sensor suite to make Bright Robotic Cells highly configurable & capable.
As a member of this team, you will help develop software to connect robotics solutions with a user interface. You will function as a full stack engineer, touching every part of our software stack and helping to map out the path to improving our technology. You will create microservices, design user interfaces and provide tools and APIs for internal development and validation. In this role, you will have hands on experience with Bright hardware and will bridge the gap between software and hardware worlds.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Creating microservice applications that interact with cloud infrastructure and local robotic systems.
- Designing an innovative client-server architecture to connect computations for robotics with a user interface
- Participating in iterative design and implementation of the application’s UI to help bring our features to life on the screen.
- Implementing end-to-end systems from early prototype to full production release
- Maintaining and extending our APIs for third party use
- Contributing to and championing engineering best practices and Agile methodologies
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years of job experience as Software Engineer or equivalent role
- Solid understanding and application of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience in developing applications using front end frameworks, including React (preferred), Angular or Vue
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience in building modern and elegant user interface solutions that are a delight to use
- Experience communicating with users or technical leaders on design
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Hands-on experience with contributing to build automation using pipeline tools like Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Creating unit, integration and end-to-end tests to ensure we are continually shipping code to production
- Background of working directly with customers of your software
- Familiarity working across the tech stack including code deployment
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS)
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.