Summer Tax Intern: June - August 2023
Does working with a team of experienced tax professionals who love what they do every day excite you? Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management firms, is looking for a Summer Tax Intern to join the team to make an immediate impact. The tax team at Brighton Jones prides itself on having a collective, fun, and supportive work environment. A significant portion of our tax practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns. Our internship program offers hands-on experience in preparing tax returns for our high-net-worth clients and work on challenging and meaningful projects.
- Assist with the process of collecting data, and preparing it for electronic work papers
- Input tax data into appropriate software systems
- Produce electronic work papers for next level review in conformance with department standards
- Assists team members with various tasks as needed
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (CCH Axcess & Checkpoint, Pfx Scan)
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals with a range of tax knowledge
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated with the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- Undergraduate exposure to tax accounting is a plus, though not required
- Join our Seattle Tax Team from June 26th, 2023 to mid-August 2023
- Availability to work Monday – Friday, 32 - 40 hours per week
- Internship to be held in-person unless otherwise determined by the company.
- This is a temporary non-exempt/hourly paid position.
- Participation in company-wide events
- Team lunches
- Hands on, meaningful work experience
- Exposure to other aspects of our business while being mentored by key leaders and team members in the company
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Pay: $19.00 per hour
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger, and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.