Lead Advisor - New Market - Morristown
Morristown, NJ /
Client Service /
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you naturally curious, comfortable working in a team-based environment and committed to exceeding client expectations? If so, we should talk. We are expanding to new markets and looking for Lead Advisors who have their CFP® and a passion for helping clients. We're looking to expand to Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Tampa, Atlanta, Raleigh Durham, Boston, and Philadelphia currently.
Who are we? Brighton Jones is one of the nation’s fastest growing RIA’s headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Over the past 20 years our team based approach, relentless focus in evolving our service model and operational foundation has enabled us to grow 100% organically from a 2 person start up to a 180 person enterprise, helping over 2,000 families and advising on over $8B in assets. Creating and maintaining an incredible culture is our secret sauce and our goal is to make sure each of our teammates loves working here, what they do, who they do it with, and who they do it for.
Here’s where you come in: as part of our mission to help clients, colleagues, and the global community live a richer life, we’re ready to extend our reach to new markets. We want you to embody our culture, serving clients and leveraging our centralized client experience, marketing, business development and operations teams.
- Acts as a Personal CFO for existing clients (where applicable) and new clients; leads the client relationship, delivers an exceptional experience, and designs, implements and manages the wealth management plan that supports their passions and purpose - their “Life Plan”
- Leverages internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management, and General Planning
- Communicates our unique value proposition to prospective clients and works to establish Brighton Jones as their trusted financial advisor
- Proactively develops and expands relationships within the community
- Cultivates and develops deep relationships with custodial retail branches in collaboration with the national team
- Creates opportunities and represents Brighton Jones at public speaking events including community events, industry events, etc.
- Leads a local service team with deep collaboration to ensure client retention and satisfaction is high with a relentless focus on remarkable service.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Candidates must have a four-year degree and the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation
- 6+ years in financial and/or estate planning related work, preferably at a professional financial services company or wealth management firm
- Expertise in estate, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter by nature
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, as well as interacting with tight-knit team of professionals with a range of financial and tax activities.
- This role is part of an emerging market and will be considered remote until an office space is secured. Brighton Jones is a 'work-from-office' culture with a lot of flexibility. This is a full-time, and exempt position
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.