Tax Senior Manager - Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. /
Are you hungry for more than just a career move? Wondering if it’s possible for work-life to be an extension of your own personal and professional passions? Brighton Jones’ unique and inclusive culture enables you to discover your potential.
As one of the country's fastest growing wealth management firms, Brighton Jones is looking for a Tax Lead Advisor to join the team and provide exceptional service impact for individual, small business, fiduciary, and related estate, gift, and charitable tax planning and compliance.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Tax Lead Advisor who enjoys developing and maintaining lasting relationships with our clients. We emphasize building rapport with our clients, having a deep understanding of their personal and business goals, and providing high quality tax and planning advice using a consultative approach.
- Build and maintain a personal relationship with clients as the technical tax expert on their planning team
- Assist clients by attending client meetings and delivering client’s tax plan
- Support the financial advisory team in tax planning related functions
- Actively participate in signing and onboarding new clients to the firm
- Lead tax client service team for compliance and tax planning
- Final review and signing of tax returns (federal & state returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates)
- Oversee tax projections and tax audits for clients
- Coach and develop the team through real-time and consistent feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA, JD or EA is required; Masters in Taxation or JD preferred
- Minimum 5 years of individual, partnership, fiduciary, estate, and gift tax return compliance
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (CCH Axcess Tax, BNA Tax Planner) and tax research tools (BNA Portfolios and RIA Checkpoint)
- Experience with ADP, QuickBooks, and databases (i.e. Salesforce) preferred
- Strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, and other tax pronouncements
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time sensitive basis
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals with a range of tax knowledge
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger, and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.