Growth & Operations Associate
Operations / HR /
Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest growing wealth management firms, is looking for an experienced Growth & Operations Associate to work directly with the Senior Lead Advisor. This role will support the growth of the client-service pod, focusing on Getting + Keeping People and Operations.
Successful candidates for this role and all roles at Brighton Jones bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help our clients and colleagues succeed. Our strategy is to find and reward great people who are passionate about this business; who want to contribute to and celebrate the success of others; and who want to be part of an organization leading our industry. The Growth & Operations Associate will report directly to the Senior Lead Advisor and will have ample opportunities to work across the entire organization.
Get/Keep People Responsibilities:
- Supports the team leader, managers, and pod members by helping execute Keep People strategies and initiatives
- Acts as the initial point of contact for all BJ Ops functions – People, Technology, Marketing, Client Experience, etc.
- Assists SLA with review of budgets based on YTD actual vs. target revenues
- Works with Talent Attraction to coordinate and facilitate the interview process for the pod
- Partners with People Team to coordinate new hire start dates, manage new hire onboarding and training needs, technology, and space
- Supports SLA with Keep People strategy including pulse survey feedback, and scheduling career conversations
- Manages internal team event planning, helps coordinate Team Days, logistics, celebration of life events, and work anniversaries to foster team member bonding and engagement
Get/Keep Client Responsibilities:
- Handles sales administration and customer relationship management including: Get Clients calendaring and meeting logistics (tracking, technology, physical space, etc.)
- Captures accurate prospecting data and set Analyst up for success to begin implementation process by ensuring systems and documentation needs are met
- Partners with the Client Experience role to create, plan and execute prospect/client experiences and events to drive growth: event planning, budget, invitation tracking, follow up.
- 2-3 years of previous experience as HRBP, or talent attraction/human resources role preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Prior experience in financial or professional services industry preferred
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Organized and able to handle multiple client relationships with contending priorities and coordinate team member resources most effectively
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility
- Annual Compensation: $60,000 - $90,000 per year.
- Benefits: Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to, health care benefits (medical/dental/vision), retirement benefits, paid time off (PTO), holiday flex-days, summer flex-days, company-paid holidays, parental leave, transportation benefits, unlimited volunteer time off, professional, and personal wellbeing stipend, and other fringe benefits.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger, and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.