MBA Intern, Bioactives
Temporary (Part-Time/Full-Time Internship)
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence that illuminates nature to restore human health. Through Forager® A.I. and clinical evaluation, Brightseed helps companies gain the deepest insight into bioactives and their innovation potential. Forager A.I. accelerates bioactive discovery and biological validation from years to months – and is rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Brightseed partners with companies across the consumer health continuum to provide novel insights and science-backed health solutions.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that grow in and adapt to environments that present a wide range of challenges to their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes, and they inform active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, Aspirin and Metformin, a first-line treatment for Type 2 diabetes, derived from the French lilac flower. Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
You are hoping to gain industry exposure within a fast paced and blue-chip Silicon Valley start-up. You have passion for how nature can improve our overall health and wellness. You are a strategic thinker, analytically strong, work well with intense timelines and are looking for a fall/winter internship that will broaden your perspective on commercial strategy and insights impact on growth and innovation. You are interested in an impactful role that gives you a blend of strategy, commercial operations, and product management.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Brightseed is gearing up to launch! Our first bioactive ingredient will target functional food and beverages. As Brightseed commercializes it’s first novel bioactive ingredients that support human health, the needs for maximizing commercial success of our portfolio and ensuring capital and resources are allocated efficiently will continue to grow.
As a Bioactives MBA Intern, you will build capabilities to execute go-to-market plans, support insights development and provide analysis to inform pipeline/portfolio strategy to help the Bioactives team successfully commercialize products and set the path for our future portfolio.
Assist with research, analysis, and implementation activities to support:
INSIGHTS DEVELOPMENT FOR COMMERCIAL LAUNCH
- Research customer and consumer trends in secondary sources and reports
- Develop target customer and consumer personas
- Support design and implementation of consumer market research
- Update forecast sales model structure, volume, & revenue
- Maintain research on high-value health areas, unmet needs, and high-value targets for potential discovery programs
SALES OPERATIONS & CUSTOMER TARGETING
- Design and implement Hubspot CRM setup for Bioactives account management
- Identify and incorporate best practices for sample fulfillment and customer project management workflows
- Align categorization and segmentation with other functions across company to enable data aggregation and analytics
- Define metrics and develop sales dashboards for tracking progress
PORTFOLIO STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT
- Research high-value health areas, unmet needs, and high-value targets for potential discovery programs
- Generate market insights to inform development of financial model for existing and future Bioactives discovery programs.
- Develop improved model/forecasts in collaboration with Finance team and Bioactives Strategy Manager.
- Are currently enrolled in/pursuing your MBA
- Proficiency with HubSpot CRM platform
- Able to work 16-20 weeks with flexibility depending on school calendar
THE BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.