Procurement Manager, Lab Operations
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina /
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that grow in and adapt to environments that present a wide range of challenges to their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they inform active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin, the latter a first-line treatment for Type 2 diabetes derived from the French lilac flower. Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the lifecycle of product purchasing for the company. This includes sourcing, negotiating, and managing the supply of materials, equipment, and services required for the company's operations.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and regulations while executing all procurement activities efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with vendors and suppliers to ensure the best possible value for the company.
- Identify and implement cost saving strategies while maintaining high quality and reliability of purchased goods and services.
- Manage the purchase order process, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure adequate supply and cost control.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure procurement needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and supplier pricing to identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement, preferably in a Life Sciences or Healthcare environment.
- Intermediate proficiency with Netsuite, or similar ERP systems is required.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in developing supplier relationships.
- Understanding of procurement regulations and policies, including FDA regulations.
- Analytical skills with the ability to analyze spending data and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Knowledge of supply chain management principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at time
THE BENEFITS YOU'LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.