Quality Assurance Engineer - Entry Level
Quality Assurance /
At Brightspot®, we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. Our world-class delivery team has decades of collective experience supporting digital transformation efforts for some of the world’s most well-known companies – from eCommerce brands and media organizations to corporate businesses. Brightspot prides itself on being a leading content management system built to grow and adapt to any business.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be instrumental in ensuring that the sites powered by Brightspot are of the highest quality. You will be responsible for authoring test cases, end-to-end testing of web sites and web service applications, and for specifying, designing, implementing, and running automated tests.
- Performs various facets of testing on assigned projects, including but not limited to functional, regression, smoke, load, performance.
- Participates in design and code reviews as appropriate.
- Identifies and documents defects within assigned projects.
- Collaborates with other team members or acts individually to resolve problems and complete projects.
- Owns tasks in test plan development and automated testing.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues with software and environment.
- Installs code into QA environment and maintains environmental integrity.
- Works directly with developers and system administrators in troubleshooting problems.
- Supports production code installs as appropriate.
- Meets and adapts to changing deadlines.
- Understands team’s strategy and objectives
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate concepts/ideas and interact with clients
- Work effectively with others, even in high-pressure situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly gain knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- Recent college graduate with a degree in computer science or related field
At Brightspot®, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.
Visit www.brightspot.com and follow us on Twitter @TeamBrightspot to learn more about our story and solutions!