Software Engineer - Entry Level
Software Engineering /
At Brightspot®, we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. Our world-class delivery team has decades of collective experience supporting digital transformation efforts for some of the world’s most well-known companies – from eCommerce brands and media organizations to corporate businesses. Brightspot prides itself on being a leading content management system built to grow and adapt to any business.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We are looking for full stack developers with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. By joining our team, you have opportunities to contribute to our Enterprise Content Business Platform, as well as high profile sites for clients such as Google, Sony, LA Times, Johnson & Johnson, Politico, Walmart, Newell Brands, Special Olympics, and many more. You will work on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine.
As you enter Brightspot’s engineering team, within your first two years, you have the opportunity to gain material experience in all of the following disciplines:
-Emerging Technologies and Frameworks
-Taxonomy and Information Architecture for the Web
-Mobile App Development
-Development Operations in the Public Cloud
-Developing for Platforms
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, etc.)
- Mastery of HTML and CSS (LESS and SASS), and a great understanding of cross-browser display issues
- Understanding of version control techniques (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques
Education and/or Experience
- Recent college graduate with a degree in computer science or related field
- Previous web or mobile application coding experience
At Brightspot®, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.
Visit www.brightspot.com and follow us on Twitter @TeamBrightspot to learn more about our story and solutions!