Software Engineer, Frontend
San Francisco, California
Engineering – Engineering
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, Bessemer Ventures, and Mark Cuban.
Brightwheel helps early childhood education centers save time, money, and grow their business. The team is on a mission to transform early education for every student, teacher, and parent across the globe. We are seeking a talented Frontend Software Engineer to join our small, but nimble engineering team. This person will work across all parts of our web product leading feature development, driving our frontend team forward, and increasing our impact on the industry.
What You'll Do:
- Write high-quality code that impacts small business owners, teachers, parents, and children every day
- Contribute to frontend projects within a product engineering pod targeting a company goal
- Identify bottlenecks and recommend improvements to engineering processes, tools, and procedures
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning across engineering via documentation, presentations, or other knowledge sharing methods
What We're Looking For:
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, ability to clear roadblocks and a high degree of ownership
- Desire to collaborate with other engineers and share your expertise
- An appreciation for good design and the ability to make small product & design decisions
- Empathy and focus for brightwheel users as you craft delightful features
- A passion for improving the world through education
Challenges That Excite Our Team
- Delivering delightful, intuitive experiences to customers that are short on time and constantly multi-tasking
- Balancing product development work with initiatives around frontend infrastructure, workflow enhancements, accessibility, performance, and responsiveness
- Collaborating effectively across multiple locations and time zones
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.