Senior Data Analyst
Remote (US Only) /
Analytics – Analytics /
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Analytics team. We are looking for a world-class problem solver and a highly structured thinker who can break down and solve any challenge using data. This person will answer high-priority, targeted business questions to drive growth and support day-to-day reporting needed across the business - including Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and more. Additionally, this person will work closely with our Data & Analytics Engineering team on building and improving the operational data sets that power our analytics and operational workflows.
The ideal candidate has a strong bias towards action, enjoys finding patterns amidst chaos, and has repeatedly demonstrated success using analytics to drive impact. In addition, we are looking for someone with the technical skills to surface insights quickly and the communication skills to translate those insights in a way that persuades action.
What You’ll Do
- Use quantitative data analysis across multiple data sources to provide insights to help business and product leaders understand critical business questions - including identifying and quantifying the key levers that impact the business
- Identify analyses and key metrics to drive and inform our GTM strategy and track progress against company initiatives
- Report against company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress across the business, including areas like Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Success
- Build scaled analytical solutions for the business partnering closely with Data Engineering to simultaneously ensure sustainable sources in the data warehouse
- Partner closely with your internal customers to intake, prioritize and deliver against new report requests and analysis/business questions
- Collaborate with cross-functional operational teams to drive continuous data discovery and usage
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 2-4 years experience in data analytics, FP&A, or another relevant technical role, or 1-2 yrs of analyst experience paired with 1-2 years of consulting or other directly relevant experience
- Highly proficient in SQL with working knowledge of optimizing and debugging complex queries (Preferred: ETL experience)
- Proficiency in one or more analytics visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Mode).
- Must have experience deriving insights from complex data and dealing with relational databases
- Working knowledge of data engineering principles: understanding how to store, manage, & retrieve large-scale data sets from multiple systems for analysis or operations
- Demonstrated ability to be a trusted & respected business partner to all levels in the organization, and the ability to translate data into clear, actionable next steps for internal teams
- Ownership mindset: Must be able to initiate, prioritize and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with our most relevant tools a plus (Redshift, Tableau, Salesforce, Hubspot, Fivetran, Airflow)
- Experience designing A/B tests and interpreting results a plus
$79,000 - $138,000 a year
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. Multiple factors determine final offer amounts, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise. If you have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.