Head of Corporate Finance
Remote (US Only)
Finance – Finance /
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a talented strategic finance leader to play an essential role in our next stage of growth. You will lead the team responsible for driving decision-making on our most critical investment areas across the full business. You have exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and love tackling complex challenges with data-driven solutions. You are an excellent collaborator and have proven experience working with senior leadership teams to deliver outcomes for the company. You are a strong people leader and are passionate about building a world-class finance team, overseeing both strategic finance and FP&A. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are excited to help steer brightwheel into our newest growth phase.
What You’ll Do
- Run company-level strategic and financial planning, management/BOD reporting, implementation/management of finance systems, and business insights.
- Develop and manage the corporate consolidated financial forecast. Build and maintain infrastructure to forecast company P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Lead long-term growth and efficiency initiatives.
- Partner with our leadership team to guide strategic decision-making and evaluate areas of investment.
- Build out our strategic and corporate finance function, including hiring and developing a growing team of financial analysts.
- Work closely with Leadership to provide financial insights and assess brightwheel's overall progress toward its strategic objectives.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 10+ years of finance experience, including a combination of investment banking, investing (venture capital or private equity), and/or in-house operating experience at a technology company; MBA, management consulting, and/or Saas/FinTech experience preferred.
- 4+ years of people leadership experience and a passion for growing and developing a team.
- Proven ability to partner with all levels of management to guide strategic decision-making; ability to apply both financial and operational lenses.
- Ability to think strategically and willingness to get into the weeds.
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical toolkit, and experience building and owning financial models.
- Entrepreneurial builder who is comfortable with ambiguity and can thrive in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting and working knowledge of all financial statements.
$127,000 - $235,000 a year
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. Multiple factors determine final offer amounts, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise. If you have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.