Senior Manager, Analytics
Remote (US Only) /
Business Operations – Operations /
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US, and a small hub in Austin. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an experienced leader to lead our Analytics team. The Head of Analytics will play a critical role in driving our go-to-market strategy and execution by managing the analytics prioritization & road mapping and ensuring the team identifies the most impactful opportunities to drive the business forward. The centralized Analytics team currently partners directly with a range of business functions, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and People. Additionally, this person will work closely with our Data Engineering team on building and improving our operational data sets that power our analytics and operational workflows. Finally, this person will help grow and nurture the existing analytics team by hiring new analysts for the team and ensuring high-quality coaching and support for the existing team. Overall, the Head of Analytics should be a proven people leader, an incredible problem solver, and highly capable of cross-functional partnerships.
The ideal candidate has a strong bias toward action, isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, dive deep when needed, and has demonstrated success building a high-performing analytics team to drive impact.
What You'll Do
- Lead a central team of business analysts that delivers ongoing value by partnering with operators on problem-solving high-priority questions and by providing standard reporting, insights, and data they need to achieve their respective goals
- Hire and grow the analytics team (from ~3 to ~6 analysts), ensuring we’re bringing in the best-in-class talent to support brightwheel’s continued growth
- Partner closely with brightwheel leadership to align on the Analytics roadmap and resource allocations while also managing ad-hoc high-priority requests as they come in
- Work closely with Data Engineering to ensure we have a scaleable, single source of truth for all metrics at brightwheel for use in GTM reporting, Product insights, and Finance/Board summaries.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive experience: 6+ years experience in business analytics, business intelligence, FP&A, or other relevant analytic and technical roles; may consist of 3-5 years of analytics experience paired with 2-3 years of consulting or other directly relevant experience; 2+ years of leadership and management experience.
- Analytical skills: Ability to distill insights from large quantities of ambiguous data; have the judgment to match the quality/precision and resulting speed/effort to the business use case. Preferred: Basic understanding of experimentation best practices.
- Technical: Must have advanced SQL proficiency, some ETL experience, and experience with one or more data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Chartio). Must also have extensive experience with large, complex data sets and translating from user behavior and system configurations all the way through to reporting and insights. Judgment and experience to know how to structure solutions for creating, managing, and delivering the right data in the right systems in the right format.
- Strategic: Ability to combine technical wherewithal and an understanding of business goals and needs to set the path for short and long-term priorities and tactics to build the systems, data sets, reporting, and process we need to scale rapidly.
- Leadership: Must have proven experience running a high-performance team, with an emphasis on matching resourcing alignment to company needs in a dynamic and highly collaborative manner.
- Communication: Ability to partner and communicate well with senior leadership, both on prioritization of work and delivery of any insights
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $147,000-$183,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $173,000-$203,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $147,000-$203,000.
Multiple factors, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise, determine final offer amounts. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.