Head of Product Design
Austin, San Francisco, Denver, or Remote (US only) /
Product – Design /
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s mission is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a distributed team, with offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Austin along with fully remote team members. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an experienced Product Design Leader to help us build and lead our Product Design team. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll be a thought partner to Product & Engineering leaders while helping scale our small but growing Product Design team. At brightwheel, we build highly usable web & mobile products that solve real problems for teachers and families across the globe.
What You'll Do
- Build a team of high performing, empathetic product designers
- Mentor and develop your team, building a culture of learning and constant improvement
- Be a thought partner to the Product & Engineering leaders
- Define the design principles for brightwheel's product and ensure that they are reflected in your team’s work
- Ensure best practices are incorporated into our process
- Be strategic as well as hands-on in order to drive business impact
- Ensure consistent experiences throughout our entire product
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of professional Product Design experience building usable web & mobile products is required for consideration
- 2+ years of experience managing and building Product Design teams is required for consideration
- Deep knowledge of testing, measuring, and refining designs based on user feedback and market data
- Experience with building design systems and partnering with Engineering on adoption
- You have a high bar for your team when it comes to creating intuitive user experiences
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.