Product Design Lead
San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO
Product – Design
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, Bessemer Ventures, and Mark Cuban.
Who you are:
Brightwheel is seeking a design leader to own the full design portfolio across iOS, Android, and web. You'll work directly with product managers, engineers, and company leadership to build beautiful products for teachers and families across the globe.
What you'll do:
- Design new product functionality end-to-end from wireframes to prototype to high-fidelity mocks that facilitate internal collaboration and feedback, user testing and validation, and efficient development.
- Develop deep empathy for our users & their needs that informs all aspects of your work and enables you to create simple, beautiful solutions across web and mobile platforms.
- Partner with product management and engineering to design and build new features and user flows with a strong focus on speed and results.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure our product design reflects and reinforces the brightwheel brand.
- Lead design strategy and collaborate on a design vision that enables multiple teams to build innovative experiences while maintaining a unified and consistent tone and feel.
- Serve as a leader and culture-bearer on the product team, nurturing and growing design talent through coaching and training.
- Iterate on & refine design processes to support a growing design team in collaborating closely with others, seeking and incorporating feedback, and contributing to world class product development.
- Sweat the details while keeping an eye on the big picture.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- 8+ years experience leading UX and UI product design work end-to-end
- Excellent visual design skills with an eye for detail
- Excitement for rolling up your sleeves and doing all aspects of product design
- Innate curiosity and a craving for feedback to improve designs
- Experience with iOS, Android, and Web
- An obsession for creating simple and intuitive user flows
- A collaborative approach to working with engineering and product teams
- An ability to lead with passion, integrity, and transparency
- A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.