Senior Data Engineer
New York City /
Hi, we're Brigit! A financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans.
We’re hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join our team responsible for building Brigit’s data platforms. You'll work closely with our Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers as a thought partner, technical leader and resource. This is a unique opportunity to help build the data strategy and architecture at a data driven startup that’s changing the world of fintech.
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer coding in Python and using SQL
- Experience in a fast-paced consumer Finance or fintech environment is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and data warehousing technologies like Snowflake
- You are an expert in data engineering, using tools like Spark, Pandas, Airflow, Luigi, etc
- You can communicate with a cross functional team and articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A self starter who searches out problems and can work with Eng/Business management to prioritize
- You've had exposure to modeling pipelines and analysis workflows
- You love empowering and enabling others to be able to answer questions efficiently
- People management experience is a plus
What You'll Be Doing
- Work directly with the team of data analysts and other business teams to understand our analytics goals and issues
- Lay the groundwork for our ETL infrastructure, setting up tools like Airflow and Spark to enable the rest of the team to contribute data pipelines, for us supervise data reliability and quality and grow our data footprint sustainably
- Supervise and lead our ETL pipelines, train other specialists and data analysts to contribute to our data infrastructure
- Work closely with the Co-founder and CTO to build a first class data organization
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input in the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.